CLARICE G. JAMES — AUTHOR TALKS & BOOK SIGNINGS
- 2019 Saturday, October 19, 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm: Double book launch celebration with author Kathleen D. Bailey at Bonhoeffer’s Cafe & Espresso, 8 Franklin Street, Nashua, NH. Authors Ralph D. James and Jeremiah Peters will join us too.
- 2019 Friday, October 25, 9:00 am to 11:00 am: Author talk at Londonderry Senior Center Breakfast, 535 Mammoth Road, Londonderry, NH
- 2019 Thursday, November 7, 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm: Multiple author event at Nashua Public Library, 2 Court Street, Nashua, NH
- 2019 Thursday, December 5, 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm: Author talk at Barnstable Senior Center, 825 Falmouth Road, Hyannis, MA
- 2019 Friday, December 6, 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm Book signing at Beth’s Bakery & Cafe, 16 Jarvis Street, Sandwich, MA.
- 2019 Date and time to be determined: Author talk at Sandwich Council on Aging, 270 Quaker Meetinghouse Road, East Sandwich, MA
- 2019 Wednesday, January (date and time to be determined): Joy of Writing Class Part 1, Pelham Seniors, Hobbs Community Center, 8 Nashau Road, Pelham, NH
- 2019 Wednesday, January (date and time to be determined): Joy of Writing Class Part 2, Pelham Seniors, Hobbs Community Center, 8 Nashau Road, Pelham, NH
- 2019 Wednesday, January (date and time to be determined): Joy of Writing Class Part 3, Pelham Seniors, Hobbs Community Center, 8 Nashau Road, Pelham, NH
*If you’d like to host an Author Talk and Book Signing, email me at cjamesclaricejames.com.
LESSONS LEARNED ON THE WAY TO PUBLICATION WORKSHOPS:
- Determining your target audience (people and people groups)
- Building your platform
- Being professional even before you’re published
- Finding the right professionals: editor, agent, and publisher
- Things to do before you submit a manuscript to an agent or publisher
- What to include in a book proposal
- Reasons why your submission may have been rejected
- Pros of self-publishing and pros of traditional publishing
- Marketing your books
- Top resource books for writers
The authors on the panel will have copies of our books available for purchase (which they will sign). We’ll also have some pre-signed gift-wrapped copies available. Yes, credit cards are accepted.
If you or your group would like to hold an individual author event, these types of venues are an ideal fit:
- Book Clubs: If your local book club selects one of my books, I’ll join you in person or via video chat to discuss it.
- Bookstores: I love small, locally owned bookstores.
- Cafés & Coffee Houses: Chatting about writing and publishing is always better over coffee.
- Clubhouses or Activity Centers: I welcome the chance to speak with those in 55 and over communities.
- Family Style Restaurants: I’ll be happy to set up a table in the corner, the foyer, or in a private room.
- Ladies Church Groups: My books, Party of One, Double Header, and Manhattan Grace are written from a women’s perspective for women. Themes include forgiveness, grief, loneliness, surrender, and discerning God’s purpose for your life. I’d be pleased to speak on those topics.
- Libraries: Looking for an author event for your library? Call me. My author friends and I have done this before.
- Private Homes: (Invitation-Only) Local Author-in-the-House home parties are fun and more personal. This venue gives readers and authors the chance to get to know one another better.
Land Line: 603-578-1860
Cell or Text: 603-689-8945
Mailing Address: 3 Logan Court, Hudson, NH 03051.