We’d love to meet you at one of these “Lessons Learned on the Way to Publication” writers’ workshops. Come armed with curiosity and questions for our panel of authors!
- 2018 Saturday, February 24, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm: Writers’ Workshop: “Lessons Learned on the Way to Publication” at Hooksett Public Library, 31 Mount St. Mary’s Way, Hooksett, NH 03106. Our panel for this event: Clarice G. James, Linda Shenton Matchett, Kathleen D. Bailey, Ralph D. James, and Jeremiah Peters.
- 2018 Saturday, May 5, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm: Writers’ Workshop: “Lessons Learned on the Way to Publication” at Manchester Public Library, 405 Pine St., Manchester, NH 03104
We’ll discuss the following topics at these interactive events:
- How to know if you’re a “real” writer
- Misconceptions about writers
- General facts about the writing and publishing processes
- Writing for a target audience (people and people groups)
- Being professional even before you’re published
- Using the resources of your local library
- First things first on the path to publication
- Editing your own work
- Finding the right kind of editor, and what they will do for you
- Things to do before you submit a manuscript to an agent or publisher
- What to include in a book proposal
- Finding an agent
- What a good agent will do for you
- Finding the right publisher for your type of book
- Reasons why your submission may have been rejected
- Pros of both self-publishing and traditional publishing
- Ways to market your book
- Top resource books for writers
The authors on the panel will have copies of our books available for purchase (which of course, we will sign). I’ll also have some pre-signed gift-wrapped copies available. Yes, credit cards are accepted.
If you or your group would like to hold an author event, these types of venues are an ideal fit:
- Book Clubs: If your local book club selects one of my books, I’ll join you to discuss it.
- Bookstores: I love small, locally-owned bookstores!
- Cafés & Coffee Houses: Chatting about writing and publishing is always better over coffee!
- Family Style Restaurants: I’ll be happy to set up a table in the corner, the foyer, or in a private room.
- Ladies Church Groups: My books, Party of One, Double Header, and Manhattan Grace are written from a women’s perspective for women. Themes include forgiveness, grief, loneliness, surrender, and discerning God’s purpose for your life. I’d be pleased to speak on those topics.
- Libraries: Looking for an author event for your library? Call me. My author friends and I have done this before.
- Private Homes: (Invitation-Only) Local Author-in-the-House home parties are fun and more personal. This venue gives readers and authors the chance to get to know one another better.
Love to hear from you! Call me at 603-578-1860 or text 603-689-8945. If you prefer, email me at email@example.com. Thank you.