CLARICE G. JAMES — AUTHOR TALKS & BOOK SIGNINGS
- 2018 Monday, December 10 from 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm: Plymouth Center for Active Living, 44 Nook Road, Plymouth, MA. Topics: Lessons Learned on the Way to Publication
- 2019 Tuesday, April 23 from 10:30 am to 12:00 pm: The North Barn Presents at Hudson Senior Center, 19 Kimball Hill Road, Hudson, NH: Lessons Learned Through Fiction.
NEW ENGLAND CHRISTIAN AUTHORS ROUND TABLE EVENTS
All Round Tables include free admission, multiple and various published authors, discussion on writing processes and featured books, Q&A session, autographed books available for purchase, and light refreshments.
- 2018 Saturday, October 27 from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm: West Congregational Church, 767 Broadway, Haverhill, MA. Authors: Eleanor Gustafson, Clarice G. James, Ralph. D. James, Christa MacDonald, Jeremiah Peters, Toby Quirk, and Konnie Viner.
- 2018 Saturday, December 1 from 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm: George H. and Ella M. Rodgers Memorial Library, 194 Derry Road, Hudson, NH. Authors: Eleanor Gustafson, John Harrison, Clarice G. James, Ralph. D. James, Jeremiah Peters, Toby Quirk, Lori Roeleveld, and Forshia Ross.
- 2018 Saturday, December 8 from 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm: Heritage Christian Church, 655 Boxberry Hill Road, East Falmouth, MA on Cape Cod. Authors: Heidi Chiavaroli, Clarice G. James, Ralph. D. James, Carrie Lighte, Lori Roeleveld, and Catrina Welch.
- 2018 Saturday, December 15 from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm: Hooksett Library, 31 Mount St. Mary’s Way, Hooksett, NH. Authors: Clarice G. James, Ralph P. James, Linda Shenton Matchett, V. Joy Palmer, Killarney Traynor, and Konnie Viner.
- 2019 Saturday, January 12 from 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm: Southern New England Ministry Network of the Assemblies of God, 307 Sturbridge Road, Charlton, MA. Authors (to be confirmed): Regina Andrews, Clarice G. James, Ralph D. James, Jeremiah Peters, Lori Roeleveld, Forshia Ross, and Catrina Welch.
*If you’d like to host a New England Christian Authors Round Table in your town, email me at cjamesclaricejames.com.
LESSONS LEARNED ON THE WAY TO PUBLICATION WORKSHOPS:
- Determining your target audience (people and people groups)
- Building your platform
- Being professional even before you’re published
- Finding the right professionals: editor, agent, and publisher
- Things to do before you submit a manuscript to an agent or publisher
- What to include in a book proposal
- Reasons why your submission may have been rejected
- Pros of self-publishing and pros of traditional publishing
- Marketing your books
- Top resource books for writers
The authors on the panel will have copies of our books available for purchase (which they will sign). We’ll also have some pre-signed gift-wrapped copies available. Yes, credit cards are accepted.
If you or your group would like to hold an individual author event, these types of venues are an ideal fit:
- Book Clubs: If your local book club selects one of my books, I’ll join you in person or via video chat to discuss it.
- Bookstores: I love small, locally owned bookstores.
- Cafés & Coffee Houses: Chatting about writing and publishing is always better over coffee.
- Family Style Restaurants: I’ll be happy to set up a table in the corner, the foyer, or in a private room.
- Ladies Church Groups: My books, Party of One, Double Header, and Manhattan Grace are written from a women’s perspective for women. Themes include forgiveness, grief, loneliness, surrender, and discerning God’s purpose for your life. I’d be pleased to speak on those topics.
- Libraries: Looking for an author event for your library? Call me. My author friends and I have done this before.
- Private Homes: (Invitation-Only) Local Author-in-the-House home parties are fun and more personal. This venue gives readers and authors the chance to get to know one another better.
Land Line: 603-578-1860
Cell or Text: 603-689-8945
Mailing Address: 3 Logan Court, Hudson, NH 03051.