CLARICE G. JAMES — AUTHOR TALKS & BOOK SIGNINGS
- 2019 Tuesday, April 23, 10:30 am to 12:00 pm: The North Barn Presents an author talk and book signing at Hudson Senior Center, 19 Kimball Hill Road, Hudson, NH. Topic: Lessons Learned Through Fiction.
- 2019 Saturday, May 4, 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm: New England Christian Authors Meet & Greet with Ellie Gustafson, John F. Harrison, Clarice G. James, Ralph D. James, Toby Quirk, and Lori Stanely Roeleveld at the Southeast New England Ministry Network, 307 Sturbridge Road, Charlton, MA.
- 2019 Monday, June 10, 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm: Author talk and book signing at Plymouth Center for Active Living, 44 Nook Road, Plymouth, MA. Topic: Lessons Learned on the Way to Publication
- 2019 Saturday, October 19, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm: New England Christian Authors Meet & Greet at Heritage Christian Church, 655 Boxberry Hill Road, East Falmouth, MA on Cape Cod. (Authors TBA)
*If you’d like to host an Author Talk and Book Signing or a New England Christian Authors Meet & Greet, email me at cjamesclaricejames.com.
LESSONS LEARNED ON THE WAY TO PUBLICATION WORKSHOPS:
- Determining your target audience (people and people groups)
- Building your platform
- Being professional even before you’re published
- Finding the right professionals: editor, agent, and publisher
- Things to do before you submit a manuscript to an agent or publisher
- What to include in a book proposal
- Reasons why your submission may have been rejected
- Pros of self-publishing and pros of traditional publishing
- Marketing your books
- Top resource books for writers
The authors on the panel will have copies of our books available for purchase (which they will sign). We’ll also have some pre-signed gift-wrapped copies available. Yes, credit cards are accepted.
If you or your group would like to hold an individual author event, these types of venues are an ideal fit:
- Book Clubs: If your local book club selects one of my books, I’ll join you in person or via video chat to discuss it.
- Bookstores: I love small, locally owned bookstores.
- Cafés & Coffee Houses: Chatting about writing and publishing is always better over coffee.
- Family Style Restaurants: I’ll be happy to set up a table in the corner, the foyer, or in a private room.
- Ladies Church Groups: My books, Party of One, Double Header, and Manhattan Grace are written from a women’s perspective for women. Themes include forgiveness, grief, loneliness, surrender, and discerning God’s purpose for your life. I’d be pleased to speak on those topics.
- Libraries: Looking for an author event for your library? Call me. My author friends and I have done this before.
- Private Homes: (Invitation-Only) Local Author-in-the-House home parties are fun and more personal. This venue gives readers and authors the chance to get to know one another better.
Land Line: 603-578-1860
Cell or Text: 603-689-8945
Mailing Address: 3 Logan Court, Hudson, NH 03051.