Author Talks & Book Signings
- 2021 August 7-8: I’ll be debuting my fifth women’s contemporary novel, The Least of These, at Andover Olde Home Days, Andover, Maine, where the story is set. If you’re looking for something fun to do this summer, join me at Andover Olde Home Days!
- 2021 September: Another author signing at BBC, Rt. 6A, Sandwich, MA. Date and time be confirmed.
- 2021 October: An author event at Bonhoeffer’s Cafe & Espresso. Date and time to be confirmed.
Lessons Learned on the Way to Publication Workshops:
- Determining your target audience (people and people groups)
- Building your platform
- Being professional even before you’re published
- Finding the right professionals: editor, agent, and publisher
- Things to do before you submit a manuscript to an agent or publisher
- What to include in a book proposal
- Reasons why your submission may have been rejected
- Pros of self-publishing and pros of traditional publishing
- Marketing your books
- Top resource books for writers
The authors on the panel will have copies of our books available for purchase (which they will sign). We’ll also have some pre-signed gift-wrapped copies available. Yes, credit cards are accepted.
Availability for A Variety of Venues:
- Book Clubs: If your local book club selects one of my books, I’ll join you in person or via video chat to discuss it.
- Bookstores: I love small, locally owned bookstores.
- Cafés & Coffee Houses: Chatting about writing and publishing is always better over coffee.
- Clubhouses or Activity Centers: I welcome the chance to speak with those in 55 and over communities.
- Family Style Restaurants: I’ll be happy to set up a table in the corner, the foyer, or in a private room.
- Ladies Church Groups: My books, Party of One, Double Header, Manhattan Grace, The Girl He Knew, and The Least of These are contemporary women fiction. Themes include forgiveness, grief, loneliness, surrender, and discerning God’s purpose for your life. I’d be pleased to speak on those topics.
- Libraries: Looking for an author event for your library? Call me. My author friends and I have done this before.
- Private Homes: (Invitation-Only) Local Author-in-the-House home parties are fun and more personal. This venue gives readers and authors the chance to get to know one another better.
Land Line: 603-578-1860
Cell or Text: 603-689-8945
Mailing Address: 3 Logan Court, Hudson, NH 03051