When the queen of Sheba heard about the fame of Solomon and his relationship to the Lord, she came to test Solomon with hard questions. Arriving at Jerusalem . . . she came to Solomon and talked with him about all that she had on her mind. Solomon answered all her questions; nothing was too hard for the king to explain to her. ~ 1Kings 10:1-3 (NIV)
The US is a complicated place, and the people who live here even more so. I have a few questions. If there’s a King Solomon out there, give me a call.
Do you have questions too?
- When a company advertises its frozen chicken product as having “ingredients like all meat chicken,” what exactly do they mean by like?
- Why do we say “You’re only [pick any age] once” and “You’re not getting any younger” as if it’s a lost nugget of Solomon’s wisdom?
- Why were consumers caught unawares when it was disclosed that strawberry Fruit Roll-Ups contain no strawberries?
- One day, a doctor can tell a woman smoking may harm the baby in her womb. The next day, another doctor can end that same baby’s life in that same womb. What kind of choice is that?
- Yes, bacon soap is real—but why?
- Speaking of soap, what happens to soap scum that doesn’t stick to your tile?
- Why does the news media blame drug addiction on everyone except the person who started taking the drugs? I know the problem is complicated, but shouldn’t we hold the addict accountable too?
- Who decides what to do when an endangered animal eats another endangered species?
- That brings me to this: Why do sharks get more respect (and news coverage) than the seals they eat?
- Why can’t gruntled people get as much attention as their disgruntled counterparts? Sheesh. The word’s not even recognized by spell-check.
- Have you seen the ad for the Preparation H Totables which come in a “discreet, convenient travel size”? Pardon me, but isn’t all use of any Preparation H product meant to be discreet?
- If, for unknown reasons, either and/or both of our presidential nominees were unable to continue their race for office, how would a replacement candidate be chosen? No, seriously, how?