The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction. ~ Psalm 1:7 (NIV)
This vocabulary quiz is based on The Thinker’s Thesaurus by Peter E. Meltzer.
- a-nile: A) yellowing; B) senile; C) type of cat; D) fussy
- bos-ky: A) musty; B) pushy; C) woody; D) bulky
- con-a-tion: A) type of flower; B) motivation; C) tarnation; D) trickery
- frab-jous: A) joyous; B) chubby jowls; C) difficult; D) pliable
- gon-iff: A) gun moll; B) sexually transmitted disease; C) English bakery; D) pianist
- ir-re-frag-a-ble: A) untouchable; B) irresistible; C) unquestionable; D) broken beyond repair
- jo-cos-i-ty: A) joke; B) curiosity; C) warmth; D) predictable
- par-o-no-ma-sia: A) sleep deprivation; B) umbrella manufacturing; C) magic trick; D) pun
- re-lict: A) change of mind; B) condense; C) artifact; D) widow
- sa-pi-ent: A) saturated; B) wise; C) type of snake; D) overweight
- wag-gish: A) stout; B) limping; C) temperamental; D) witty
- zeph-yr: A) gemstone; B) a slight wind; C) hot air balloon; D) clown-mobile
Have you circled the correct answers? But can you use them in a sentence? Scroll down to see how you did.
His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. ~ 2 Peter 1:3 (NIV)
- B) senile
- C) woody
- B) motivation
- A) joyous
- A) gun moll
- C) unquestionable
- A) joke
- D) pun
- D) widow
- B) wise
- D) witty
- B) a slight wind
For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. ~ Proverbs 2:10 (NIV)
Happy with your score?
10-12 Yikes! I’m glad I’m not conversing with you.
07-09 I imagine you would do well on Jeopardy.
04-06 It must be agony for you to watch TLC.
00-03 Call me sometime. We can practice our one syllable words.